• The Public Procurement Authority has saved the public purse GhC 2.75 billion between January 2017 and July 2019 through contract reviews.
• The Public Procurement Authority reviewed the 2016 award of a contract for the supply of GhC 250,000 bags of “Asaasewura” cocoa Fertilizer from Ghc 11.5 million to GhC 7.87 million.
• The Public Procurement Authority reviewed the 2016 contract for the supply of 250,000 bags of “Asaasewura” Fertilizer from $46 per bag to $31.50 per bag.
• The Public Procurement Authority saved the country $3.62 million by reviewing the 2016 “Asaasewura” contract.
• Only 47 percent of applications for restricted tender was approved in 2017 as against 99 percent in 2016.
• Only 56 percent of applications for sole-sourcing were approved in 2017 as against 96 percent in 2016
• The PPA saved the nation millions of dollars via a review of the contract between COTVET for the Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Equipment in Polytechnics and Technical Universities.
• The PPA saved millions of dollars of public money by reviewing the 2012 NDC government signed a contract with AVIC International Holdings.
Story By: Prince Baffour Asamoah